12 dicembre 2012

Mornings like this

Mornings like this, with a gorgeous dawn painting in pink snow sprinkles on the trees, and a breathtaking high mountains view from my window, make me feel so homesick for Finland.

It feels like if I wore a heavier coat and fur boots, I would find Myllyjärvi and its squirrels right out of my door.
I would walk the iced "death path" to reach the bus stop, get off at Yliopisto, and I would step into all my friends between the library and the cafeteria.
My cheeks and nose would be ruby red and cold, but I would heat them up with a cup of coffee and some pulla. Ice would melt from my boots while we discuss whether to go at Katse or Blaze that night, and we would end up meeting at Pizzeria Maria before going.
We would dance and drink beer and cider and salmiakkikossu shots, and forget time and sleepiness between laughs and hot chicken wings.

Mornings like this make me feel like we should all just jump on a plane or train or whaterver to reach a determined place and meet like "in the old good times".

I miss you all guys ♥


Lake Myllyjärvi, photo courtesy of Francesca "Tata" Marletta

Etichette: ,

2 Bolle di sapone:

Blogger Miss Mou :

Non trovo come abbonarmi al tuo blog :P

13/12/12 11:30  
Blogger Ancestral Moon :

Homepage di blogger
Su Elenco lettura fai "aggiungi", inserisci http://www.ancestralmoon.org/ e salva :)

14/12/12 17:39  

Soffia!

<< Home

Le mie foto
Nome:
Località: Milano, Italy

photo taker, love maker, coffee drinker, arch user, tree hugger, geek lover.

Powered by 

Blogger